Applicants above 14 years of age and residing in Puducherry, Karaikal, Mahe & Yanam regions are eligible to register their names in the Employment Exchange in their region within the jurisdiction of Employment Exchange in Puducherry Union Territory.

Action has been taken to register the names of students who have passed 10th & 12th STD in their respective Govt. & Private schools functioning under Education Department, Puducherry through web portal since July 2016. The same seniority date will be maintained for 10 days from the date of issue of original mark sheet by the Government.

For Proof of Residence in Puducherry, any one of the following documents are accepted:

a) Residence Certificate issued by Revenue authorities; or
b) (i) Ration Card (ii) Aadhaar Card / Enrollment ID Slip; or
c) Proof of having studied in this Union Territory; or
d) Marriage Certificate and Ration Card / Aadhaar Card of the husband in case the bride is from outside this Union Territory.

Educational Certificates Required for Registration :



Birth Certificate only



Transfer Certificate (TC)/ Record Sheet  from the concerned school.


SSLC Pass/Fail

Mark Sheet


HSC Pass

Mark Sheet


Degree/Dip./P.G./Trade Certificate

Semester-wise Mark Sheet & Diploma/ Degree Provisional/ Convocation Certificate


The Medical / Legal Professionals registrants.

Council  Registration Certificate of the respective Medical Council



Valid Licence with Badge No. issued by the Competant Authority

Applicants who have studied below SSLC standard in other States should invariably produce their TC/Record Sheet duly countersigned by the concerned CEO/DEO of the State.

Caste Certificate :

Persons belonging to OBC/MBC/EBC /BCM/BT/SC/ST should produce original caste certificate issued by the concerned Revenue Authorities during the time of registration.

Priority Category :

Candidates belonging to the following priority categories are given one year relaxation in seniority when the names are sponsored for the vacancies notified. They should produce the following certificates together with a xerox copy.



Categories of candidates

Certificates to be produced


Son/Daughter/Grandson/Granddaughter of a political sufferer

Certificate from Freedom Fighters Cell.


Physically Handicapped (Candidates with 40% disability and above)

Certificate from concerned Medical Authority (Govt.,General Hospital)


NCC Cadets holding A,B&C certificates

NCC certificate issued by Concerned authority


Widow/Legally separated women

Death certificate of husband + non-remarriage certificate from concerned Authority.

Inter-caste married couple Certificate from Adidravidar Welfare Department.


Wife of Servicing Personnel

Certificate from the concerned Command Authority.

Meritorious Sportsmen / Women are entitled for age relaxation upto 5 years and they should produce a certificate from the Joint Director, Youth and Sports Services, Puducherry.

Ex-Servicemen candidates are to get their names registered with Rajya Sainik Board, Puducherry.

a. Drivers should produce their valid licence with badge Number.

b. Those who want to get their experience certificate registered should produce the experience certificate during the time of registration.


A registrant has to renew his/her registration on the month due (once in every 3 years) mentioned on the Identity Card during any working day. A grace period of 17 months from the month of lapse is allowed. Renewal can also be done through postal services during the month due or within the following 17 months by sending a reply-paid postcard with details of Registration No., NCO Code etc. The registrant can also renew online via the following website : http://labour.pondicherry.gov.in/


(a) For transferring the registration to an Exchange outside Puducherry, consequent to shifting of residence of the registrants, he/she should submit an application giving the new address and name of the Employment Exchange where the Registration is to be transferred.
(b) Proof of residence, viz. Ration Card / Aadhaar Card / Migrant certificate in that State should be produced in original for verification alongwith Xerox copy duly attested.
(c) For transferring the registrants from an exchange outside Puducherry to Employment Exchange, Puducherry consequent on the shifting of residence of the registrant to Puducherry, an application giving the new address and proof of residence viz. Ration Card / Aadhaar Card / 5 years continuous residence should be submitted. The registration will be transferred to the new exchange with the same seniority on which the registrant has registered in the initial exchange.


In case the registrant loses his/her employment registration card, the registrant will be issued a new card on submitting a written application for same stating his/her name, date of birth etc.

Free of Cost

All services in the Employment Exchange as mentioned above are done free of cost.

Cross Checking

The registrants are advised to approach the Employment Exchange once in a while to check whether all their qualifications have been registered without any omissions.


c. Additional Qualification can be registered by approaching additional entry counter in the Employment exchange during working hours on any working day.

d. Original certificates like Mark Sheet and Provisional/ Convocation should be produced.

e. In the case of Medical Professionals registrants should produce Council Registration certificate of the respective Medical Council.