EMPLOYMENT EXCHANGE - NATIONAL EMPLOYMENT SERVICE CONVENTION, 1948

The National Employment Service Organisation which was set up in the country in pursuance of convention 88 of the International Labour Organisation of 1948 was ratified by the Government of India in 1959. This Union Territory which has been formerly under the French colonial rule was merged with the Indian union after a 'De-Jure' transfer during 1962. However, after the 'De-facto' transfer in 1954 the Employment Exchange which had been previously known as "Bureau De Placement" under the French colonial rule was established on 13th February, 1957 itself. The Employment Exchanges (Compulsory Notification of Vacancies) Act, 1959, enacted by the Government of India through a Parliamentary legislation is the governing statute for the functions of the National Employment Service Organisation all over the country.